I love fairytales – and to be honest, the title of this post has all the makings of a very good one. But @mamakatslosinit asked us to write…so I write.
With that in mind, I’m going to throw a twist on this theme….rather than listing the things a mom might do if she had a moment, I think I’ll stick to what she WOULDN’T do if she could just take a moment. So, here we go!
- If you give a mom a moment…she would NOT choose to suck on your boogie dipped finger. She loves you. But seriously, that is just gross.
- If you give a mom a moment….she would NOT just hand you some goldfish instead of some fresh fruit and vegetables. Sorry!
- If you give a mom a moment…maybe she WOULDN’T take it out on daddy….ok, who am I kidding?! Daddy totally deserved that! One of these days daddy…to the moon!!!
- If you give a mom a moment….she would NOT consume coffee only…she would probably have a latte – and a scone…maybe a donut. Yeah. A donut.
- If you give a mom a moment…she would NOT attend her meeting with you crying in the background…she’d probably skip the meeting.
- If you give a mom a moment…she might NOT make a snap decision to have a garage sale…OY VEY!
- If you give a mom a moment…she would NOT have to sit in her car in the driveway to read Twilight books for 5 minutes…again.
- If you give a mom a moment…she might NOT approach her tasks like a zombie…typity type type….*grooooooooaaannn*
- If you give a mom a moment…her eyebrows might NOT look like baby chinchillas perched on her forehead.
- If you give a mom a moment….I can guarantee she would NOT spend it examining your poop for that bit of yarn from the dog toy that she watched you pop in your mouth earlier that day. NO MOUTH! No!
- If you give a mom a moment…she would NOT sleep…mom’s don’t need sleep. I thought you knew that given your propensity to 3AM playdates…you didn’t know? Oh – well, now you do.
If you give a mom a moment…a real one…if you say she can take a moment just for her….she would probably…most likely…spend it with you. Love you Pineapple!